Friday, February 18, 2011

Design Inspiration - Twist of Lime @ Ebell LA

On January 19th, The Ebell of Los Angeles hosted a tasting for their clients, called "Taste of The Ebell". I was asked to design all of the tablescapes. I created 5 themed tables for the event. Here is the third feature called "Twist of Lime".



Glamour was my inspiration for this table. From day one, I knew I wanted it to be a black and white theme. But I wanted it to have a pop of color. I was debating on what color to use. I looked over at my glass of sparkling water with a lime wedge, and BOOM. Light bulb moment.

Isn't the linen fantastic? A black glimmer charger created the bold contrast against the linen. White china assured the look wasn't to dark and heavy. The "Twist of Lime" came out in the lime green silkari napkin and matching chair pad. We accented the look by using black water goblets and a cut glass wine and champagne class. The glassware really set the formal tone for the table. To take the look one step further I used a black handled flatware set. It has a curly edge, that adds a little whimsy.

With such a bold table, I needed a showstopping centerpiece. A grand black candelabra graced the table and was filled with a mound of white flowers. It consisted of hydrangea, roses, gardenias (my personal favorite), and orchids. I wish you could smell it. Oh it's glorious.

Do you love this table as much as I do? I hope so, I really enjoyed creating it.
VENDOR LOVE:
Photos courtesy of Marianne Lozano of Studio Lozano
Floral Design: Commerce Flowers
Linens & Chairs: Elegant Design Specialty Linens
Rentals: Classic Party Rentals
Lighting: G2 Audio and Lighting

No comments:

Post a Comment